Monday, December 8, 2008

What I Learned on My Seminar Vacation

Graduate school is a luxury. We have the luxury of time, studio space, and a community of peers. That said, it involves a lot of work. As with most work in the modern world, it requires diligence, patience, food, water, sleep, caffeine, and social delicacy.

Here are some of my life lessons from this semester. The music is from the album Appalachian Waltz (Edgar Meyers, Mark O'Connor, and YoYo-Ma).


How I Spent My Seminar Vacation from katie on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Mr. Murlock said...

That's a cool video, Katie, but I couldn't really finishing reading the longer quotes because they cut away too soon after the text went to black. Is this on purpose or would you consider extending the final shot of each clip a little bit for your slow-reading brother?

Katie Ries said...

That's what my professor said too. I'll get on that...in 2009.

Katie Ries said...

Ok. Now it's more legible.