Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Joke Has Been On Me

Found this video by scoping contacts of contacts on Vimeo. My friend from college, Mimi, is a dancer and videographer in SanFran. This video is by one of her contacts. Cheap and fast digital video + contemporary dance = YES.

I'm especially glad to find another heart song (as Going On by Gnarls Barkley has been). Makes you (or maybe just me) want to dance. Need to cultivate that feeling. And to act on it.

The world is large and full of noise, write Jane Hirschfield. I add that the work is never-ending, the suffering, unavoidable. Which is why it is important to sit down and eat a meal. To dance and shake. Ain't nobody going to do it for you.

Vulture Realty sings,
"I'm a fool with hesitations. You're so full of allegations. Agitate my senses, you're fogging up my lenses.

I finally see this world with different lenses, they just don't seem to fit me. I guess I never really realized, the joke had been on me."
Ah yes.


What we did on Thanksgiving day from mira cook on Vimeo.

No comments: