Tuesday, February 2, 2010

No Patron, No Product

In the spirit of commerce, patronage, hierarchy, the-myth-of-genius, capitalism, and/or the democracy of the multiple I bring you: the PayPal button.







Clicking on the button above will allow you to donate real live USDs to my thesis project. My hope is to establish a temporary store in which gallery visitors can "purchase" plants, seeds, and seedlings in exchange for committing to specified labor and stewardship. Instead of paying for the plants, the purchaser will sign a contract and be documented. You, potential Medici of contemporary art, can help make that happen.

My hope is to distribute at least 12 semi-mature fruit and nut trees, which I estimate will cost approximately $40 each. If you would like to sponsor a tree, click yonder button. If you'd like to get involved in the project in other ways, please send me an email or consider coming to the Volunteer Interest Meeting, Thursday, February 11th, at 7 pm.

Thanks.

No comments: