Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Worthy: 3

This clever image comes from an interview in the Nashville Scene which you can read here.
 Sam Smith (Sam's Myth) is the kind of wonderkid you think doesn't exist in real life until you meet him and then it seems perfectly normal, albeit a little unfair to the rest of us, that someone should be able to do so much so well. I first knew Sam as an eager little kid in lower school in Nashville. As we progressed through middle and then high school Sam was to me the guy-who-could-draw-really-well and I looked up to him (and envied him) forever and ever, amen. (He was also and remains today a talented drummer and musician among other things.) One of the things I took away from Sam, and for which I remain very grateful, is the model of putting your work out there. Or as was said in my sunday school, "Don't hide your light under a bushel."

Fortunately for all, Mr. Myth burns brightly and in many directions. If you live in Nashville you can go see his fantastic movie posters at the Belcourt. The rest of us can content ourselves with browsing through his blog, flickr stream, and portfolio.

No comments: