Thursday, October 25, 2012

Will Travel

Genius Loci is up at the Hardin Valley Campus of Pellissippi State Community College for another week+. I've loved getting to meet and talk to the students and faculty there. Next Monday, October 29th from 3-5 pm, I'll return for an artist talk (and to distribute the fig cuttings from the show).


On the 29th I'll also take final stock of the seed ball trade that's been going on in the gallery. The show opened with hundreds of seed balls (made with clay powder, commercial compost, and wildflower seeds) set out in a grid. A sign in the gallery invited visitors to trade something for the seed balls. This is the first time I've presented seed balls in this way and I'm pleased with the results and eager to catalog the items traded.


I suspect the objects left behind reveal a sort of community portrait. I look forward to mounting this installation in another location and community to test that theory.

No comments: